The Bariatric Experts Difference
When you choose weight loss surgery, you want to know you’re going to succeed. At The Bariatric Experts, all we do is weight loss. We’re not general surgeons who sometimes perform weight loss surgery, we are experts in the field who have dedicated our careers to transforming the lives of individuals and their families.
We’re passionate about what we do, because we’ve seen, first-hand, the difference weight loss surgery can make. Many people on our staff that you meet at our practice have either had the surgery or know someone close to them who has, and the steps we take in our practice are the ones that are proven to be most effective. That’s why we’re game changers in weight loss.
Weight loss surgery is only the beginning of your journey and we understand that. To be successful, it takes a commitment to living the lifestyle of a brand new you. We help you do that by creating an individualized program that focuses on your continued health and wellness. It begins with an in-depth assessment to determine the right procedure and continues with dedicated care from our physicians, nutritionists and other specialists who provide the long-term guidance you need to successfully keep weight off.
- Expert Surgeons whose sole focus is Bariatrics
- Complete plans, individualized for long-term post-surgical success
- Staff members who have undergone successful surgery and are dedicated to helping others
- Full time nutritionist and health and wellness professionals
- Dedicated finance team who work to secure funding through insurance and payment options to make surgery affordable
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Undergraduate Degree
- Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctoral Degree<
- Esteemed Member of Texas Medical Foundation, American Osteopathic Association, American Society of Bariatric Surgery
- Served as Chief Resident at DFW Medical Center
Dr. Scott Stowers is our board-certified Medical Director of The Bariatric Experts with over two decades medical experience. A Fellow of the America Society for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, his unique approach to surgery focuses on minimally invasive procedures that allow his patients to recover quickly and endure fewer risks during the surgery and healing processes.
Dr. Stowers’ highly effective weight reduction surgery program utilizes a team approach for the highest level of care at every step. Starting with personalized consultation, he maps out a unique weight loss plan that is highly individualized to yield the best results. His unique after-care program focuses on education, constant communication and health, wellness and nutrition plans to help patients achieve healthier lifestyles.
To learn more about the surgery procedures performed by Dr. Scott Stowers and the team at The Bariatric Experts visit our weight loss page.
- Baylor University, Undergraduate Degree
- University of Texas Health Science Center, Doctorate in Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery
Dr. Randy Wright has spent his career dedicated to helping others. As a student at Baylor University, he developed a great love and compassion for the needy and that ultimately inspired him to choose his career as a physician.
A native of Texas, Dr. Wright ultimately chose to remain close to his roots and has been in practice in North Texas since 1998. His passion is to stay on the cutting edge of medicine and provide his patients with the latest and most innovative surgical procedures was evident from the beginning and continues to serve his bariatric patients well.
In many cases throughout his career, he was the first to introduce new surgical procedures into the local medical community, such as the Lap-Band, single incision laparoscopic procedures, laparoscopic hernia repairs and other advanced laparoscopic techniques. He is highly trained in multiple bariatric procedures and brings a seasoned approach to his patient care that focuses on mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
His belief that the patient-doctor relationship is a lifelong commitment is what makes the difference in our practice. With that as our foundation, the level of service our patients receive before, during and after surgery is unmatched.